Friday, May 25, 2012

Well, the homemade soap works just fine, the dryer however, does not . It went out 3 weeks ago. It is a pain in the *ahem not having a dryer and I don't like to go to the laundromat so the clothes get hung up all over the house on hangers.

The homemade dishwasher soap did not work very well, the dishes were clean, but stayed cloudy, so I will do research on how to clear that problem up , but in the mean time I am using the store bought stuff.

Made some emergency candles with some old coffee cups we don't use and reclaimed wax from old birthday number candles. Here is a secret about that, unless they are a solid color, the coloring on them is paint, cut it off before you put them in your metal pour pot, the paint sticks and won't wash out.I had some old pillar candles and I got a sack of them at the thrift store , so I have about 12 emergency candles with handles for this storm season. Now that I have made them , we will not have any power issues this year.

Our 12 year old lawn mower was stolen last month. Just got it back from the repair man. Jacob was using it in the front yard, came in for a drink, went back out and it was gone in less that 5 minutes. We went ahead and filed a police report.

Well that is it for now, I don't feel good , had a 24 hour stomach thing and now my ribs hurt from getting sick.
Have fun folks.

No comments: