Friday, February 22, 2008

Letter from Joe

We got a letter from Joe yesterday.
Did not say much in it , but then he did not have much time to write. He had to put in the letter stuff like , don't send food , don't decorate the envelope.....He does not want to bring extra attention from the DI to himself. The recruits get enough one on one time with the DI as it is.

From what I have been told the stuff you see in the TV shows and movies is pretty accurate. The last thing you want is more than the normal amount of the DI telling you what a mommas boy you are or you are a sissy or whatever he is picking on you now.

The weather here is cold right now. It is getting down into the 20's at night. It is supposed to start warming up now. The daffodils in my garden say so anyway, there is one little blossom is
trying to poke it's little out of the ground.The flower bed faces the west, so I generally get daffodils before the folks across the street. So spring is coming. Then again we can get some of our worst snow storms in March. So who knows , we just have to wait and see what happens.

My hubby is in the choir at church , he enjoys that a lot, unfortunately I am usually working on Sunday. So , I don't get to see him sing very often. I am hoping I am off on Easter though. Can you believe it is so soon already, March 23!...

Then again , I am supposed to have my schedule at least 3 weeks at a time. Guess what? Ain't happening. We have to go to one of the supervisors to get the schedule . That is a big pain. It is also very irritating.One of the things we agreed on was that we would have our schedules for 3 weeks out. Other wise I am not sure I would have taken a flex shift. A flex shift is where your days off will vary,number 1 pain the sit-down, and the start time-end time changes from week to week. Number 2 pain in the sit-down, start times are anywhere from 6:ooam to 8:45 am.
Going home time is anywhere from 2:45 to 5:30pm.Last week I had to be to work at 6:00am. this week I had to be in at 8:30pm. Next week I have to be in at 8:00am. Got stickers on the calendars so I know when I should be coming and going.

Well , that is enough rambling for now , be back again later, maybe with some pictures.

No comments: