Monday, December 08, 2008

Sad Day (there is one "bad" word in this post)

Hello everyone.
Today is a sad day for us.
We had to put one of our dogs to sleep . She attacked our other dog again . The time before this Jewell just got her ear bit. This time Ruby had hold of the side and throat of Jewell's neck .
The only thing that saved Jewell is that she has a lot of loose skin around her neck and Ruby could not bite down.We got them apart and I got bit by Ruby . When she realized what she had done , she looked real scared. I think she scared herself. Ruby was abused before I found her. She was afraid of everything. That fear did not go away , it just got worse. The poor thing could not control it anymore. Ruby was not able to overcome her fear. She was spayed , that helps sometimes. I was afraid she would hurt someone else or one of our other animals. I would not give her away,that would just make her more afraid. I did not want her to hurt someone else.
I have always said I would not have an aggressive dog. It is not fair to the dog , she could not be a dog, her fears were getting the best of her.
So we had to release from her fears. She has gone to be with God over the Rainbow Bridge.
She was a good dog and we loved her. She will be missed. The holes she dug in the yard were not that big a deal. Dirt takes care of the holes.
I loved the way her whole body would wiggle and giggle when she saw you. She loved to give you kisses. They were sloppy, but that is what water and soap are for.
Good by Ruby , you were a good dog. You will be missed. I just wish I could find the bastard that hurt you and made you afraid . I would introduce him to real fear so he would know what fear is like.
Ruby 2006 to December 8,2008

2 comments:

Crafty_Kitten said...

What a sad and brave decision you had to make. It's so sad when someone loses a pet, they are family members too. Sending you big hugs and love to help you feel better. RIP Ruby. xx Lynn xx

Unknown said...

Hello Debra, what a terrible decision you had to make, but you did the right thing, as you said you would never forgive yourself if Ruby had injured someone or one of your other pets..she mustve been badly treated before you got her, I can't stand animal cruelty, but a lot of people are very cruel.. my dog is like my child, I am dreading the day I will lose her, she just turned 16.. sending you hugs .. from Henny