Thursday, August 10, 2006

Thursday


How do you like the picture of Duchess on my last post?
Isn't she a darling?

She really bosses the males around, they are all nuetered adults and they still treat her like she is a queen. Her eyes are still blue, one of them is crossed a little.
She doing really good considering she came to us so young. The other cats ,for the most part, like her. She is very funny , like most kittens.

Here is a picture of two of the other cats.
Sylvester is on the left , he is the top cat. He is my cat, I think that is why he is boss cat.
The one on the right is Nermal, because he is cute and fluffy , ........... the orange cat does not like him.





His name is Sparky, he is a little cranky . He finaly has all his fur back. He is allergic to fleas . If he gets bit he developes sores and will pull his fur out on his back end. We were finally able to get all the fleas out of the house.
All of the cats stay inside for many reasons, like wierd people, cars, dogs running around, not to mention stupid people who cannot just let animals alone , they think they have to mess with the animal if it is out and about.
They are all washed on a regular basis, and yes that is an interesting event. Another reason they stay inside is because my daughter , my youngest son and myself are asthmatic. We react mostly to scents and the pollen and dust that is outside. Cats, like dogs, love to roll in interesting things, so I do not want them bringing stuff in . The fleas are another thing, by staying in we are not bothered by the fleas. They are an occasional bother , but not all the time. We have more problems with the ants than anything else.

Right now would not be a time for pets to be outside if they do not have to be , it was 103 faranhiet outside again. It has been something like 25 days or so in the hundreds here in Oklahoma. Fortunately the humidity is low so we are able to breathe . Hi humidity is not good for me , it is hard to breathe when the humidity is high. I am not a very good patient as far as taking my asthma medicine, I should know better, I was an LPN for 10 years.
I don't like the efect it has on me , I can breathe but it gives me the shakes, like I took some drugs or just got a bad scare. Not a good feeling.

Well I may be back tonight , but right now I need to get some iced tea to drink.
Bye for now.

No comments: